Sunday 29 November 2009

Been a while....

It has been a very long time since I was last here.

My run on 27 September I completed in 1h 2m 12s - so not quite at target but not far either. It was still a PB time so not complaining. The course was also horrible - lots of slippery, hilly, uneven wet ground - surpirsed no major injuries amongst the runners.

Anyways drawn a line under that and now getting ready for next one - half marathon on 14 March 2010. Training officially kicks off Tuesday 1 December - 16 solid weeks, and I am aiming for a sub 2 hour time. Not sure how plausible it will be given I took more than an hour for half that distance!

Going to head out running 3 times a week - one day intervals to build up cardio fitness, one day short 4-5k runs to build up pace and one day long distance runs to get some endurance. I'm also doing these bootcamp classes once a week and I go to the gym to life some weights twice a week. Last one isn't essential but I do worry distance running can lead to muscle loss so I am sort of hedging my bets a bit. Not sure how long I'll last a bit further down the line but at the minute I am feeling ready to go....in December...in the freezing cold...and dark....and rain...and...and....why did I want to do this again?

0 comments:

Post a Comment