Tuesday 1 December 2009

The aftermath...

I suppose 4k in 22 minutes isn't bad going by my standards (in fact I think it's a PB!). Only problem is that in completing that 4k I was lapped 3 times by the race leaders and put the team well off the pace with 17km to go still...whoops!

Standards were extremely high and it showed how unprepared I truly was...lot of work to do between now and March, when I will be covering about 5 times the distance I managed today.

Don't think my legs were the problem - I just couldn't get my breathing right and I got breathless after about 4 laps. Might have been the freezing weather in part but it showed me where I really need to concentrate at least.

I was quite content with the fact that I did lap one person, but ideally I wouldn't have been lapped at all.

Anyways, onwards and upwards - out tomorrow morning practicing intervals to help build some cardio fitness and breathing rhythm. Will keep you posted.

...Til next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment