Saturday 6 February 2010

Be HumanKind

Oxfam it is. Indeed my first half marathon, which will involve me pounding my way around Silverstone like an out of control F1 car...although I suspect my speed might be exaggerated slightly....will be run for Oxfam.

I'm sure some of you are familiar with Oxfam and the work they do, but in case you don't, here is the Wikipedia link:

Ofxam on Wikipedia

And here is their official website:

Oxfam official

So why Oxfam?

Pure and simple, because they do a lot of good work in poverty and development and I really believe in the causes they work towards. Having seen the conditions people in some developing countries are forced to deal with at first hand, it's something that really resonates personally for me.

I have now also set up my fund raising page. If you are feeling generous, please do feel free to donate:

Abhi's half marathon full madness

As you can see I have already raised a grand total (to date) of £0, leaving just £250 to go to my target. Having said that, I still need to tell most people I am doing this run and still need to send out the link so I should...key word there - SHOULD - be able to reach it and in fact get well beyond it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment