Sunday 30 August 2009

And the winner is....

Following on from my last post, I have decided to go for a Garmin Forerunner 405cx. It just seemed to make the most sense out of all the options.

Given its accuracy, the ease of storing, transferring and recording data and the convenience of it also being a decent watch, it was actually a pretty easy choice in the end.

I don't think blowing £250+ on a (prospective) brand new iPod when there is absolutely nothing wrong with my current one would be the wisest move. Plus at most it would be half the capacity of my current one - meaning I would need to be selective about the music I put on there.

I was tempted by the Nike+ but it just seemed a bit half-assed compared to the Garmin for me. You know, if you're going to do something, do it wholeheartedly - the Nike+ just seemed like a cheaper and probably less accurate alternative to the Garmin.

And for the phone...well I need a phone anyways and I have settled in on one, which does also have GPS. But it is less accurate and the data transfer charges to upload my running data would be ridiculous.

So there you have it...I have just ordered mine, and I will keep posting how it goes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment