Saturday 23 January 2010

50 and on the lighter side....

50 days to go to D-day. Knowing that has sort of given me a bit of an adrenaline rush and I can't wait to go out and get my freak on....well whatever you want to call it. Carpe Viam (Seize the road!)

I read a joke a couple of days ago, which I figured might happen to me next year....just don't think I'd have the presence of mind to do it in a race situation...Here it is...

Last year I entered the New York City Marathon. The race started and immediately I was the last of the runners. It was embarrassing. The guy who was in front of me, second to last, was making fun of me. He said, "Hey buddy, how does it feel to be last?" I replied: "Do you want to know?" and I dropped out.

1 comments:

nothing profound said...

Funny anecdote! Good luck with your training! I know it can't be easy.

Post a Comment