Sunday 3 January 2010

Crash

What a #disaster this morning was. I went out intending to get to 14km - made that much more important by my shortage of time - and limped to a woeful 12.5 km in the disturbingly poor time of 1 hour 34 minutes!

I don't know what's going on. Might be my body not liking the cold weather, my chesty cough, lack of training prior to today over Xmas and new year, lack of energy from lack of calories or something completely random and abstract. No idea.

Only things I can think of changing are becoming more strict with my training (pushing myself a bit more and upping the intensity in each session) and eating more. I'm on 1800-1900 calories a day at the minute so I'll try upping that to 2200, concentrating on complex slow-releasing carbs and good clean protein.

I am starting to really worry about how it's going, with the half marathon now about 10 weeks and counting down. My fitness and stamina seem to be dropping and I'm not entirely sure why.

I'll go throw myself into some weights in Tuesday, intervals on Wednesday to build some breathing ability and a shortish 5-6km run on Thursday and I'll see from there. Might take a rest Friday, boot camp on Saturday and try a distance run -maybe 16k -on Sunday.

Til next time...

0 comments:

Post a Comment