Tuesday 5 January 2010

Ice Age

Another #snow run is exciting me - with snow expected overnight it should be interesting to see what the morning brings. I will have to be out running whether there is snow, ice or neither. My extremely poor effort on Sunday has left me a bit panic stricken - not sure how my form/fitness/stamina/whatever dropped so much in such a short space of time!

Greater effort is needed indeed. I think if tomorrow is icy I will probably find a patch of green grass somewhere and just work on intervals for 40-45 minutes. If not then I think a distance of 5-6k should be reasonable - and I will need to put particular emphasis on measuring my time.

I have been making sure I have at least 2000 calories on a daily basis, and in fact I was on 2100 for the last 3 days - I have been counting (Thank you Tap & Track on my iPhone)! I have been averaging 2144 calories in fact, consisting of 42% carbs, 27% fats, 31% protein. It is broadly in line with what I was aiming for, subject to a couple of % here and there. The only thing is I will probably need to aim for carbs being a bit closer to 45%, with fats at 25%.

I had a weights session this morning at the gym (first proper one since before Xmas) and found some surprising increased strength, being able to lift more on every exercise (quite comfortably) than I had been able to before! Woohoo for me!

Will see how tomorrow goes. If you don't hear from me, assume I slipped in the ice/snow and died....or I just forgot.

0 comments:

Post a Comment